[cvsnt] Re: static file

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Tue Oct 25 18:27:26 BST 2005

Olaf Groeger wrote:

> I thought it would be helpful for all configuration files, which are subject
> to be changed in a sandbox (database connection data, log4j.xml and others)
> for every developer, but which should be unchanged in the repository. For
> instance the log4j.xml in the repository contains minimal or not logging
> (for release builds), but a developer changes this file naturally to log

That's exactly how I use it.

How would visibility in WinCVS help at all in this case?  The file is
no more applicable to WinCVS than an .obj file.

Once checked out, the file is no longer part of the version control
process - it's done its job (to create a working template) and is
finished with.  Sure, it'll track changes to that template, but they
shouldn't happen very often, if at all.