[cvsnt] Setup Help. (shadow/Plugins)

cvssteve at diablo-technologies.com cvssteve at diablo-technologies.com
Wed Oct 26 22:03:37 BST 2005

Hi,

OK, my previous posting was too long. I’ve dropped the traces for now. Let
me know if you want them.

This mail asks about getting:
   * the shadow file to work,
   * understanding the Plugins file

Sorry if this has been covered in previous mails, but I’ve only just joined
the list.
Any help will be gratefully received.

I’ve used CVS previously and this is the first time using CVSNT.

I’ve seen a few features which would be great to use, but I’m having
difficulty setting them up.

Firstly I’m running on RHEL4 Linux and I’ve configured it for running cvs
and cvslockd via xinetd.
I’m able to check out and in, files from CVSROOT and one of my modules using
the pserver protocol both from the local machine and from a remote machine
running the same version of CVS. (2.5.02.2115). (BTW, I couldn’t get :ext:
to work for non-root accounts!)

I’m trying to use the shadow file to checkout one of my modules “tools_tree”
using the “Stable” Stable tag into directory
“/projects/src/cvshome/cvscommon/tools_tree”
The line in my shadow file reads:
tools_tree Stable /projects/src/cvshome/cvscommon/tools_tree

I copied the “Plugins.example” in /usr/local/etc/cvsnt to
“/usr/local/etc/cvsnt/Plugins” and set the line to:
CheckoutTrigger=1         # Enable CVSROOT/shadow

*BUG* Note this is actually CommitTrigger in Plugins.example but the source
code makes reference to CheckoutTrigger, so I used that instead.

The last few lines of a trace on the "cvs -t -t -t -t -t -t tag -F Stable
<file>" reads:
16:51:20: S -> run postcommand proc server
16:51:20: S -> run_trigger()
16:51:20: S -> Call pre-loaded 'checkout_trigger.la'
16:51:20: S -> postcommand_proc()
16:51:20: S -> Call pre-loaded 'default_trigger.la'
16:51:20: S -> postcommand_proc()
16:51:20: S -> Call pre-loaded 'email_trigger.la'
16:51:20: S -> postcommand_proc()

So the trigger file is definitely called, but no other info is returned.

I've even tested with the command (which is what I think should be run), and
it worked fine:
# sudo -u cvs cvs -d:local:/projects/src/cvshome/cvsroot0 co -d
/projects/src/cvshome/cvscommon/tools_tree -r Stable tools_tree
cvs checkout: Updating /projects/src/cvshome/cvscommon/tools_tree
U /projects/src/cvshome/cvscommon/tools_tree/.cvskeepme

The /var/log/cvspserver file is not much help, besides a START entry for the
access.

I’ve noticed that there seems to be very little documentation on either the
Plugins file or examples for the shadow file. Any pointers?

I’ve checked the mail list using
http://www.google.co.uk/search?btnG=Google+Search&as_sitesearch=http%3A%2F%2
Fwww.cvsnt.org%2Fpipermail%2Fcvsnt%2F, but nothing showed up.

Thanks for any help.