[cvsnt] What is required for server to pickup updated CVSROOT informatiion.

Brian Post brianpost at netspace.net.au
Thu Oct 27 00:07:44 BST 2005

CVSNT 2.5.02 (Servalan) Build 2088 on Windows XP SP2 with MS SQL 2000
developer with SP4 I have a complete install & I have python installed.

I have created the history file in CVSROOT as is required and it is being
populated by cvs commands. I have updated our CVSROOT/config file & changed
LogHistory from the default to TMAR. BTW I have disabled SQL history logging
just in case this was causing the problem.

After commiting my changes back to the repository I see the following
messages.

new revision: 1.5; previous revision 1.4
done
cvs commit: Rebuilding administrative file database.

Even though I have done this, stopped & restarted CVSNT via control panel &
even rebooted server machine the updated info is not used.

I expect only write commands to be included in the history. I am seeing
update commands but no tag entries being logged to the file. If I check the
server RCS files (*,v) they have the tags.

So what are no TAG entries being logged & what is the general procedure
after commiting CVSROOT files?

Cheers, Brian