[cvsnt] Re: Latest Updates - CVSNT 2.5.03 Build 2133

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Thu Oct 27 22:52:00 BST 2005

Bo Berglund wrote:
> When I try it and expand the POLARIS node I see the various
> repositories. But when I doubleclick one of them a login dialog shows
> up. So I enter my Windows login name (bosse) and my Windows password
> and click OK. Then the dialog comes back with the following in the
> header:
> :sspi:bosse:<my password>@polaris.agiusa.se:2401:/CMP
>
> Apparently it does not like my windows login and so it shows the
> password I entered in cleartext in the dialog...

The login was wrong presumably...  It's calling just cvs to do its work.

Normally for sspi you'll never see a password prompt, since it'll just
connect automatically... if it has to drop to sserver/pserver it'll ask
for a password of course.

It's the same code that's in use in workspace manager.. it's been fairly
well stressed at this point.