[cvsnt] Moving module to another CVSNT server with its audit entries.

Andy Southby asouthby at removethis.drumgrange.co.uk
Fri Oct 28 09:39:36 BST 2005

Hi,

I wish to move an entire module from one CVSNT server to another with its
audit entries.

The setups of the two servers are idetical:
CVSNT 2.5.02.2115 (client and server)
MySQL 4.1
XPPro (client and server)

I understand that just moving the entire module tree from one CVSNT
repository directory to the other works and have done it before. However
since then I have enabled the audit facility and would like to transfer the
modules audit history to the new repository.

I think this is theoreticaly posible by scripting the extraction of data
from one audit database and importing it to the target audit database.
However having said this I can envisage a situation where the 'CommitID' and
'SessionID' columns may then contain entries that match which should be
unrelated thus breaking the data integrity.

Is this a valid assesment? and if so does anyone know of an alternative
mechanism I could use?

Thanks in advance,
Andy.