[cvsnt] CVSNT server Installation and Administration documentation forlinux

bwhicks at aep.com bwhicks at aep.com
Fri Oct 28 15:41:55 BST 2005

Here is a good generic cvs manual, it will get you most of the way there:

http://www.network-theory.co.uk/docs/cvsmanual/index.html

Brian

             Alexandre
             Sénéchal
             <asenechal at optifo                                          To
             r.net>                    CVSNT mailing list
             Sent by:                  <cvsnt at cvsnt.org cvsnt downloads at march-hare.com @CVSNT on Twitter CVSNT on Facebook>
             cvsnt-bounces at cvs                                          cc
             nt.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       [cvsnt] CVSNT server Installation
             10/28/2005 09:44          and Administration
             AM                        documentationfor linux

             Please respond to
             asenechal at optifor
                   .net

Hi,

I managed to install CVSNT server (pserver and ssh protocols) on my
linux box but now I am running into
issues that, even though they don't prevent me from using my server,
starts to get annoying.

So, I am wondering if anyone of you guys could point me to a good source
of documentation regarding
the installation and administration of a CVSNT repository on Linux. I'd
like it to cover the Locale information,
I mean 'How to get CVSNT to not complain about accentuated french
characters in the file names' and the ACL,
and other various access restrictions considerations I need to consider.

The last point is because since one of the recent updates, I guess since
I passed over to 2.5.xx. I get users
telling me they can't checkout modules added by other users... I would
like to understand how this stuff works
to make a better job at administering the server.

I would like something in the line of a web site or online book, free if
at all possible.

thanks.

Alexandre Senechal
//