[cvsnt] Re: Workspace Viewer...

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Mon Oct 31 23:33:05 GMT 2005

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 23:10:53 +0000, Tony Hoyle
<tony.hoyle at march-hare.com> wrote:

>Bo Berglund wrote:
>
>> But the box is now empty and WorkSpace Viewer still manages to pick up
>> the extra suffix...
>>
>It's probably registered in your DNS (assuming you're using DDNS
>updates) - XP does that..
>
>What does 'nslookup polaris' give?

c:\>nslookup polaris
*** Can't find server name for address 192.168.0.129: Non-existent
domain
*** Default servers are not available
Server:  UnKnown
Address:  192.168.0.129

*** UnKnown can't find polaris: Non-existent domain

Mind you, at home I have a peer-2-peer network with a D-Link router
connected to an ADSL modem. The D-link router is the DHCP server on my
network and hands out private IP addresses. Its own address can be
seen above.
The DNS server is the router, which goes out to my ISP.

Of course there are no PDC or Active Directory servers around, I do
have a Win2000 server which handles my VPN gateway (through the D-Link
router) and also serves as my local CVS server for CVSMailer and other
private stuff I do. It is also not a domain PC, though.

I know that when I received Polaris and had to walk through the XP
installation I entered the domain suffix "just for fun", it was an
invented one of course.

(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)