[cvsnt] Re: Multiple CVSNT Instances

Trevor Leybourne trevor.leybourne at aderant.com
Mon Oct 31 23:41:49 GMT 2005

Unfortunately, I can't. Thats what I would like to do, but since a single
CVSNT instance is managing all repositories, to take one off line takes them
all off line. The only alternative I would have is to run multiple instances
across multiple servers, but our repositories reside on a SAN which requires
fibre-channel cards and they aren't cheap.

Also, we do a backup to another partition on the SAN using a XCOPY mechanism
and then backup the backup to Tape. But our repository has in excess of
175,000 files over 12,000 folders and it is not the size of the repositories
that is the issue, its the number of files which is causing the long
internal xcopy times.

I've talked to our IT department about continuous backups using RSYNC but
they are not comfortable about that as they are worried that someone will be
updating a file while it is backed up and the repository may get into a
invalid state.

Trevor

news:bs4o6s3l3z80.16aghi450ths1.dlg at 40tude.net...