[cvsnt] Re: Removal of the needed COMMIT-parameter -r

jelinek.robert at siemens.com jelinek.robert at siemens.com
Sat Sep 3 12:30:15 BST 2005

@Matt

I think this will not solve my problem (I will not add files), because my situation is the following:

1.) I have a sandbox anywhere inside the main-trunk (it could also be the HEAD-revisions).
2.) I am working on a new feature, so I have to change some files (I do not add any additional files).
3.) During my work, I decide to save me changings, but I would not like to have it in the main-trunk, so I decide to do it on a branch, which will be merged later into the main trunk.
4.) I create a branch based on the version in my local sandbox, f.e. FEATURE123
5.) I would like to commit my changings to the branch. This fails, because my sandbox was a checkout of the main trunk and not of the new branch FEATURE123. An update to the FEATURE123-branch is difficult, because automatic merges are forbidden by official authorities (because this leads to an inclusion of the tool [cvsnt] into safety and security considerations). So I am using the command:

cvs commit -r FEATURE123

on my sandbox.

Thats the reason I have used this feature and I miss it now and request for it...