[cvsnt] Anyone Using sspi protocol with eclipse and CVSNT

Mark Johnson amarkjohnson at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 20:35:27 BST 2005

I have eclipse working with cvsnt 2.5.0.1 (Travis) Build 1976 (both
client and server), and sspi, but it is a bit if a hack. My cvsnt
server is Linux, and my workstation is Win 2k.   Something changed
which no longer allows this format of CVROOT
:sspi:username at servername:\cvsrepo.  Since I could not figure out how
to make eclipse send :sspi:servername:\cvsrepo, I was stumped, but I
found a post which explianed the following.

from a command line, run cvs :sspi:username at servername:\cvsrepo login.
 Enter password when prompted.  You must do this once per windows
session, before trying to login from eclipse. Now try it from eclipse,
and it will work.

Also (I forgot this piece which you may already know) you need to
modify extnt.ini in the cvsnt dir on the client and add the following
(using your own servername and repository path).

[slcp3esgcvs01_testrepo]
protocol=sspi
hostname=slcp3esgcvs01
directory=/testrepo

Note that the [servername] does not need to be the actual machine
name, but must be unique for machinename/repository combo.  This is
the name you will give to eclipse as the server name.  I have two
sepeate cvs repositories on this machine (slcp3esgcvs01),  /cvstrepo,
and /testrepo.

I would like to know if this is acknowledged as a bug, or if it is a
feature I don't understand,  and if there are plans to fix
it.....someone?

Thanks
Mark