[cvsnt] Re: Unknown escape character '\C' ignored

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Wed Sep 7 23:23:34 BST 2005

On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 20:22:53 +0200, Björn L <bigbear at home.se> wrote:

>It struck me that when I tried to install cvsmailer I added text to the
>*info-files. This text contains paths using backslashes. If I check out
>CVSROOT now my *info-files is empty but if I check the same files in the
>CVSROOT folder on the server those still contain paths with backslash.
>It seem to be the case that cvs didn't take my commits where I removed
>the erronous paths.Is it possible to edit the files directly on the cvs
>server or is there another way to fix this problem?

If you have broken script files on the server that blocks regular
commits then the only way out is:
1) Reset the readonly attribute on the script files on the server
(don't touch the *,v files!)

2) Edit the files and comment out everything that is there.

3) Edit the files in your checked out copy to be like you want them to

4) Commit these changes

Now CVSNT will accept your edits and then rebuild the local files that
you edited in step 2 above. The new contents will be what you have in
your sandbox.

>From now I think you are good to go.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)