[cvsnt] Re: modules2 seems not to work still in 2.5.02.2084...

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Fri Sep 9 18:17:24 BST 2005

On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 17:21:01 +0100, Tony Hoyle
<tony.hoyle at march-hare.com> wrote:

>Bo Berglund wrote:
>
>> How do I specify a long list of files?
>
>*.cpp?  No need for a list...

Not good, we never use cpp files....
But *.pas is no good either, because what we want to accomplish is to
get a few of the utility modules we keep in our repository at
Common/Utilities into a specific module.
We do not want to get all of them because we want to tag what is
actually used by the project, so from the 40-50 or so utility modules
we want to select a few. Maybe 1..12 or so. 1 is OK but 12 starts to
get unwieldy if on a single line.

>> What is the syntax to get the list of files on several lines in
>> modules2?
>
>You can't.  I'm not aware you can in modules either...

There is the \ character, if placed at the end of the line the modules
processing continues on the following line.

And what about the correct syntax for populating the root of the
module? No matter what I do after / = it screws up all of the intended
structure in my module...

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)