[cvsnt] Recommendations for using Web Servers (like Apache HTTPD) with CVSNT

Siegfried Heintze siegfried at heintze.com
Sun Sep 11 03:47:25 BST 2005

I have a new installation of Apache HTTP which has lots of interesting
files, particularly the HTTP.conf files and the files in cgi-gin and htdocs
directories.

I like to keep these original files, particularly the http.conf file so I
have a documented history and can roll back when something breaks. The other
files in the htdocs directory are just interesting examples and it seems
like it would be a good idea to keep these around too.

How do you use CVSNT with these kinds of projects? Do you manually create an
empty sandbox and then manually add the htdocs and cgi-bin and conf
directories? (since we really don't want to keep the logs directory, for
example, under version control).

Thanks,
Siegfried