[cvsnt] Pserver and NTLM check-in problem - not a valid editor

Thomas Tuft Mueller ttm at online.no
Mon Sep 12 13:14:41 BST 2005

CVS experts,

We're using CVSnt 2.0.34 server and WinCVS 1.3_b17-2 clients, a combination
that has worked for a long time now. However, one user/client has problems
checking files into CVS.

The response from the server is

cvs server: user 'Foo' is not a valid editor of the file 'bar.txt'

The user Foo can check out and conduct all other CVS commands just fine.

We're using pserver and NTLM atuhentication, i.e. all users are also Windows
defined OS users on the box running CVSnt, and they are mentioned in the CVS
passwd file just with name, like this:

foo:
bar:

The CVSnt box is Windows 2000 Pro, the client in question is XP Home SP2.

Any ideas what is wrong and the remedy?

Thanks,

--

Thomas