[cvsnt] Commitinfo script output line endings 0d 0d 0a

Oliver Koltermann okoltermann_deletethis_ at gmx.de
Tue Sep 13 12:10:26 BST 2005

Hello Tony, hello list,

after sucessfully bringing life into my commitinfo trigger using a
Python script, I see strange line endings in the script output on the
client side.

The server is running CVSNT 2.0.58d on Win2k. The Python script
interpreter is version 2.4.1. On the client I am running CVSNT
2.5.02.2082 on WinXP Pro.

If I run the script from a command line on the server it gives me
native windows line endings (0d 0a), but on the client side I receive
the output with doubled line endings (0d 0d 0a). Is the line ending
conversion done for all client/server communication? I mean the
repository is stored in unix format - does this mean I must use unix
conventions in my scripts as well? Sounds a little bit strange in a
Windows environment...

I welcome any comment and suggestion. Maybe someone can even help me
to generate unix line endings in Python?

Thanks for your thoughts,
O. Koltermann