Need an urgent resolution>> [cvsnt] Merge problem from trunk to branch

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Tue Sep 13 15:08:57 BST 2005

Deepu Thomas wrote:
> Can i get an update on this please !!! Its very critical out here!!!

1. Please don't send two messages close to each other.  Leave a day or
two for people to reply.
2. People will help you in their own time.  Marking posts 'urgent' is
just going to annoy them.

> I am trying to merge trunk to the branch ..but the latest update of the trunk gets overwritten in the latest update of the branch rather than merging .The command that i used is
>
> cvs update -j
> -j HEAD

So you're saying 'merge the difference between the branch and HEAD into
the sandbox'.   If your sandbox is in HEAD this is the same as copying
the branch to the head.

If you want to just merge to the sandbox use a single -j.