[cvsnt] Re: Problem with remote tags and branches in 2.5.02-2064

Ernst Gill ernst.gill at chello.at
Sat Sep 17 18:33:30 BST 2005

Tony Hoyle schrieb:

> Ernst Gill wrote:
>

>> Unfortunately we have done this on our production repository,
>> (around 2000 files) and I am not able to delete this remote tag.
>> Any suggestions ?
>>
> rtag -d
>
> rtag -F should overwrite it anyway.. just remember to specify -r or -D
> so it knows where to put the tag...  I just put in a change that makes
> it assume HEAD (which seems reasonable behaviour) and that'll be in
> the next version.
>
> Tony

As I already mentioned rtag -d does NOT work, the tag is still there.
But rtag -F -r or -D to overwrite the wrong tag settings works fine.

A very good idea to put the rtag on HEAD if nothing is specified.

But if I remember correctly, this behavior was already there in the past.
Because I use rtag in the past before I start (6 month ago) using
tagging in my sandbox.

    Ernst