[cvsnt] How to get back the local modified file after update?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Sun Sep 18 08:09:12 BST 2005

I ran into the following problem recently:
- A file in a sandbox contained a number of local edits
- It had not been committed for some time...
- Another user committed a lot of changes to this file
- On update a conflict was created

Now we have the problem that we want to reconstruct the original
locally modified file (before the update) from the data available
because this seems to be the one containing the correct solution.
(Should have been committed....)

Is there any way using cvs commands or diffing to recreate the file
contents before the update and merge?

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)