[cvsnt] Re: Strange error with 2094, cannot open Attic...

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Mon Sep 19 19:32:47 BST 2005

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 17:58:37 +0100, Tony Hoyle
<tony.hoyle at march-hare.com> wrote:

>Bo Berglund wrote:
>> I updated my test cvsnt server to build 2094 yesterday and now I ge
>> very strange behaviour out of it:
>> In a test module where I have a few files and also a few subdirs I
>> have tried a few cvs commands:
>>
>> F:\Projects\Bosse\ModuleYY>cvs ver
>> Client: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.5.02 (Servalan) Build
>> 2094 (client/server)
>> Server: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.5.02 (Servalan) Build
>> 2094 (client/server)
>>
>> F:\Projects\Bosse\ModuleYY>cvs ls
>> Listing modules on server
>> cvs [server aborted]: cannot open directory /korvKiosk/Attic
>>
>> F:\Projects\Bosse\ModuleYY>cvs update
>> cvs server: Updating .
>> cvs [server aborted]: cannot open directory /korvKiosk/ModuleYY/Attic
>>
>> I cannot make any sense out of this, so here is a full trace of an
>> update operation. Can Tony or someone else shed some light on this?
>>

>Sounds like your Attic directory has its permissions changed for some
>reason.

I don't have an Attic directory at all, where is that supposed to be
located??
I thought that CVSNT a long time ago discarded the Attic directory and
just marks the deleted state of a file in the RCS file itself. And if
there is an Attic dir, is it not managed by CVSNT itself?...

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)