[cvsnt] Re: Strange error with 2094, cannot open Attic...

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Mon Sep 19 20:14:08 BST 2005

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 19:40:14 +0100, Tony Hoyle
<tony.hoyle at march-hare.com> wrote:

>Bo Berglund wrote:
>  > I don't have an Attic directory at all, where is that supposed to be
>> located??
>> I thought that CVSNT a long time ago discarded the Attic directory and
>> just marks the deleted state of a file in the RCS file itself. And if
>> there is an Attic dir, is it not managed by CVSNT itself?...
>
>It'll still use it if it's there.   cvsnt won't create a new one for
>you, and will tend to remove them over time as they're not very useful.
>
>Enable server tracing and run the trace again - it'll give a lot more
>detail.

I don't think the Attic is the problem. My repository is a test one
thta was created 8 months ago and has never seen any Attic dir.
Now I have done the following:

1) Uninstalled my old CVSNT 2094 (installed using the Inno installer)

2) Downloaded the 2094 MSI installer and ran it

3) Rebooted the PC just to make sure everything is OK

4) Tried the update on my sandboxes, same error about Attic :-(

5) Uninstalled 2094

6) Downloaded 2091 MSI and installed using it

7) Tried the update on my sandbox, and now it worked normally

So I think there is definitely something fishy with 2094....

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)