[cvsnt] Re: MSI installer does not work from subst:ed drives

Zsolt Branyiczky zbranyiczky at mailbox.hu
Tue Sep 20 12:24:19 BST 2005

Bo Berglund wrote:
> I just wanted to try out the MSI insteller and see if that would do
> something different from the InnoSetup installer I have used so far.
> So I downloaded the 2094 msi file to a location on my F: drive, then
> launced it and set the various options.
> When I clicked the "Install" button it threw an error message about
> problems reading the msi file (which is the one I started in the first
> place).
>
> It turns out that the reason it fails is that my F: drive is a subst
> drive physically located on my C: drive. I have had to do this when I
> got my new PC because I don't have extra physical drives anymore and I
> have a lot of files that were located on F: in my old PC and have ini
> settings etc thta point there. So I subst:ed the backed up tree from
> C:\DATA\F to F:.
> This has worked fine for all cases so far except the CVSNT MSI
> installer.
> Is there any explanation on why this happens? The Inno installer does
> not care about this.
>

> /Bo
> (Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)

Hi Bo,

I have just tried to install the latest InnoSetup version
(http://web.telia.com/~u86216177/cvsnt-2.5.2.2094.zip), but it displayed
a lot of dialogs about missing MSVCR71D.dll file. After having closed
them one by one, the install finished, but the cvs*.exe files could not
be run because of the same reason.
Don't you pack the debug version by chance instead of the release one?

Regards
Brazso