[cvsnt] MSI/InnoSetup installer does not work

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Tue Sep 20 16:58:34 BST 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: cvsnt-bounces at cvsnt.org [mailto:cvsnt-bounces at cvsnt.org]On Behalf
Of Zsolt Branyiczky
Sent: den 20 september 2005 14:29
To: cvsnt at cvsnt.org cvsnt downloads at march-hare.com @CVSNT on Twitter CVSNT on Facebook
Subject: Re: [cvsnt] MSI/InnoSetup installer does not work

I'm done with it. MSI (2.5.02.2091) works, services are started
successfully during install. But with 2.5.02.2094, I got "Service ...
failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start
system services." twice for both services. I have Win XP Pro (SP2).

As for the InnoSetup version, it is possibe that Tony sent accidentally
a debug version. (Although cvs.exe is just about 700K.)

============  reply   ============================================
I have experienced that build 2094 is too experimental.
It did not work on my repository, but it installed just fine both with
the MSI and the Inno installers.
After backing down to 2091 it stated working fine again. Arthur recommends
that you should only use the stable 2088 if you are doing anything but
tests...

Please note that in order to switch between the two types of installers
you *must* uninstall the existing CVSNT first.

There is an alternate Innosetup distribution by Oliver Giesen here:

http://www.livejournal.com/~ogiesen/tag/wincvsnt

/Bo B