[cvsnt] Upgrade problems CVSNT 2.5.02.2064 (pserver protocol): fatal error: no such user

lucia.kaeser at helvetia.de lucia.kaeser at helvetia.de
Wed Sep 21 09:41:00 BST 2005

Hi experts,

after upgrading my CVS test server (runs on Windows 2000) from CVSNT
2.0.41.a to  CVSNT 2.5.02.2064
and WinCvs 2.0.2.4 (the "Bare" version) I cannot access the repositories
any more.

Before I installed the new versions I completely uninstalled the previous
versions on this PC.
I am using the pserver protocol and when I try to log in I get the error
message : fatal error: no such user xxx
It does not find the user in the passwd file.

When I type in a user name which is not in this file the message says "...
no such user xxx in the passwd file..."

When I type in a wrong password it says something " ... unauthorized
access ..."

But when I type in the right user name with the right password it does not
find this user. Do you have an idea what is wrong or missing?

Since I am testing the new version on a test server before I upgrade the
productive server I also have access to this second CVSNT server which is
still running with CVSNT 2.0.41a. And strange: Access to the repositories
on this server (via WinCVS 2.0.2.4) (also with pserver protocoll) is
possible and ok.

With best regards
Lucia Käser