[cvsnt] Error while checkin file at CVSROOT

rajiv kumar cvsissue at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 21 14:53:22 BST 2005

I added a folder at CVSROOT/folder and when tried to commit files at CVSROOT/folder, the files got checked in but got the following error

         cvs server: Rebuilding administrative file database
         cvs server: cannot rename modules to .#modules: Bad address
         cvs server: cannot rename .#2544 to modules: Permission denied

Can anyone put some light on this? Do I need to re-checkin to add it in module list?

The user using which I checked in the files, is administrator of the cvs repository machine.

CVS server:
        OS : windows 2000
        CVSNT: 2.0.11

Thanks in advance-