[cvsnt] cvsnt crashes every tine I try to log in to remote cvsserver

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Thu Sep 22 05:20:45 BST 2005

Bill,

The problem is almost certainly ZoneAlarm.

WinCVS includes a very old version of CVSNT - find the cvs.exe location
(probably program files/wincvs) and download the latest and install into
the same directory.
http://march-hare.com/cvspro/

If you like use the custom install to deselect the server components.

Then try the checkout command from the DOS command line rather than from
WinCVS:
Cd my-directory
Cvs -d :pserver:anonymous at cvs.logtalk.org:/usr/local/cvsroot co
module-name

If it still crashes you will have to disable ZoneAlarm.

Regards,

Arthur Barrett