[cvsnt] Re: Error while checkin file at CVSROOT

rajiv kumar cvsissue at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 22 06:49:24 BST 2005

Thanks for your feedback..

But now I added the folder.. :-(

Shall I go ahead and remove the folder..but what I know that we can't delete a folder from CVS.

Is it OK if I delete the folder manually from CVS server?

Thanks again-

Rajiv Kr. Srivastava

Bo Berglund <bo.berglund at telia.com> wrote: On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 06:53:22 -0700 (PDT), rajiv kumar
wrote:

>I added a folder at CVSROOT/folder and when tried to commit
>files at CVSROOT/folder, the files got checked in but got
>the following error

You should NEVER, EVER add a folder to the CVSROOT module!!!

That module is purely for CVS server internal files and only the
administrator should even have write access to that folder!

Your new folder should go to a location *above* CVSROOT.
Like this:
/Repository
|- CVSROOT <== Keep off this folder!
|- Your_Folder