[cvsnt] Re: problem committing edited file with watch on

Gerhard Fiedler lists at connectionbrazil.com
Thu Sep 22 15:40:43 BST 2005

Greg Norris wrote:

> I am not sure if this is a GUI or cvsnt issue.

You can (and probably should if in doubt) always make sure you know which
one it is :)

Any decent GUI should show you the cvsnt commands it uses in a log window
of some sorts (WinCvs and Tortoise do this). Then you can take the cvsnt
manual and make sure the commands should do what you want them to do. If
still in doubt, you can then try to re-create your problems using the
commands from the GUI log (or simplified versions of them) at the command
line.

> It looks ok except when I tried to commit a change it said that it failed
> up-to-date check. so I did a get clean copy and then re-try the commit
> with the same results.

Could it be that you have a sticky tag on the file? That would have this
result.

> On another file in same module - when I commit it is then made read only.

This could be the result of settings on the server and/or command options
at the client.

> I tried the edit command
>
> cvs -z9 edit -- dbo.fn_TitleFromColumn.UDF
>
> but the file is still read only. I am using WinXP SP2.

AFAIK it shouldn't be. Could you try to condense this in a command line
session that shows all relevant things and paste the whole session here?

Gerhard