[cvsnt] Re: Terminal server errors with machine name with/out DNS

Jonathan Sprinkle sprinkle at EECS.Berkeley.Edu
Fri Sep 23 17:33:29 BST 2005

Hi Arthur,

Sorry! I left out the build number in this email (it was included in
another). You are correct, though, in suspecting that I am using tortoise.
In fact, I upgraded both CVSNT and Tortoise CVS to the latest stable builds
I saw on the websites. For tortoise CVS, I am running 1.8.22, and CVSNT
2.5.02 build 2064.

However, I have bad news on the debug front, as you can see from the below
output. I ran the cmd inputs you specified, as well as one without the
dns.suffix which shows to work. I welcome any feedback you have. :)

Cheers,
Jonathan

C:\Program Files\CVSNT>cvs version
Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.5.02 (Servalan) Build 2096
(client/server)

C:\Program Files\CVSNT>cvs info -r ransom.eecs.berkeley.edu
Server: ransom
Version: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.5.02 (Servalan) Build 2096

Protocols:
  gserver
  pserver
  sserver
  sspi

Repositories:
  /IA
  /adames
  /eklund
  /escher
  /sprinkle
  /superb
  /work

C:\Program Files\CVSNT>cvs -d :sspi:ransom.eecs.berkeley.edu:/work rlog
CVSROOT/ cvswrappers
cvs [rlog aborted]: unrecognized auth response from
ransom.eecs.berkeley.edu:

C:\Program Files\CVSNT>cvs -d :sspi:ransom:/work rlog CVSROOT/cvswrappers

RCS file: /work/CVSROOT/cvswrappers,v
head: 1.1
branch:
locks: strict
access list:
symbolic names:
keyword substitution: kv
total revisions: 1;     selected revisions: 1
revision 1.1
date: 2005/05/11 18:48:07;  author: sprinkle;  state: Exp;
initial checkin