[cvsnt] Re: Control Panel shortcut needs "Start In" directory

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Fri Sep 23 21:04:23 BST 2005

Luigi D. Sandon wrote:
>>Unless your machine is not looking in the cvsnt directory for those DLLs
>>(which would severely break cvsnt as well) that won't make a difference.
>
> Those DLLs are already present in system32, which comes before in the path.

The application directory is automatically searched before everything in
the path.  The full order (from MSDN) is:

    1. The directory from which the application loaded.
    2. The system directory.
    3. The 16-bit system directory.
    4. The Windows directory.
    5. The current directory.
    6. The directories that are listed in the PATH environment variable.

> No. I have it installed under D:\Apps\CVSNT (I prefer shorter paths and
> without spaces), and not under C:\Program files. Therefore everybody has
> access on the machine. May it mean something?

Not really... I run it from different directories all the time.  It
doesn't even need the installer to run, except if the registry isn't
setup it won't find any of the plugins.