[cvsnt] Installation for dial-up only may need Zeroconf publicationturned off

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Sat Sep 24 05:36:40 BST 2005

Kevin,

Weird.

You've got almost exactly the same setup as my laptop and yet yours
crashes and mine doesn't....

Do you not have any network devices at all or is it just that they are
disconnected?

Ie: do you have an 802.11b card or an ethernet port on the laptop?

The only laptop I have without a network port is an 8 year old acer but
it's currently running XP Home so cant run the server to test...

Can you send the results of  the command ipconfig/all

Certainly the workaround is to turn off zeroconf publication - not to
disable the lockserver.  Glad to hear that is working.

Regards,

Arthur