[cvsnt] SSPI protocol and password changes

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Wed Sep 28 17:12:50 BST 2005

Prochazka, Jan wrote:
> I see ! then only "cvs logout" should do the trick (it cleans possibly
> stored old passwords)  and then not use any user name in CVSROOT string.
>
> How about if we use sspi, but we have some shared PCs that are not part
> of any domain and use local user only that has nothing to do with real
> users used by sspi. Then username has to be part of CVSROOT, or not ?

For reaching a domain from outside you may need the domain/username ,
depending on how the domain is setup... my laptop works like that.
Whether you need to use cvs login in that case depends on whether the
machine contacts the domain for other things (and is therefore likely to
have cached credentials).