[cvsnt] CVSNT no longer escapes spaces in loginfo calls

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Fri Sep 30 18:46:15 BST 2005

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 19:41:07 +0100, Tony Hoyle
<tony.hoyle at march-hare.com> wrote:

>Bo Berglund wrote:
>> Is this issue being handled?
>> I have seen no response at all...
>> Maybe lost when the CVSNT server was down the other day?
>>
>I'm deep in 2.6.01 work and can't get onto any 2.5.01 stuff this week...
>unfortunately there's only one of me... any issues will be dealt with
>when I get back onto it.

All right, I have now made a check by installing various back versions
of cvsnt to track down when the problem occurred.
This is my finding:
Build 1976 is fine, it escapes the spaces with a single \ char in the
loginfo call.
Build 1986 and all higher builds do not do the escape so it is
impossible to parse the loginfo output in any secure way.
As Terris wrote there is of course a possibility to do a hack and
somehow deduce from the back end of the data what is a file list and
what is a directory spec. But if the file also contains spaces then it
is not really possible to see where the module name ends and the file
name starts.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)