[cvsnt] Re: Lost keyword expansion setting after multiple mergeswith added files

Oliver Koltermann okoltermann_deletethis_ at gmx.de
Wed Apr 5 14:15:47 BST 2006

Hello Bo,

"Bo Berglund" <Bo.Berglund at system3r.se> writes:

> Batch file does not work ....
> You cannot update to a non-existing tag. The tag must be cretaed first.
> In your batch example there is no tagging included.
>
> Output example (I removed @echo off so I could see what was going on):
>
> C:\3RProj\Bosse\Test\CVStests>cvs update -rsomebranch -jHEAD mergesticky
> cvs [server aborted]: no such tag somebranch

You are right. I used a branch name that existed for other files in my
repository. This checking for known branch names on merge has been
discussed earlier. But this is not the point here. Assume an existing
branch name (for your repository) behind the -r. This file in question
should then be added to this branch.

Of course I could extend the batch file to create another file first,
add it to the branch and commit, but I think this would blow up the
example. So please exchange "somebranch" in the example to a known
(testing) branch name in your repository.

Thank you for trying!

Best regards,
O. Koltermann

PS: I warned you - I'm not a batch-file expert!