[cvsnt] Re: Cygwin port of CVSNT?

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Wed Apr 5 23:34:16 BST 2006

Scott Lehman wrote:
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> I would want to use the Cygwin port of CVSNT to ensure that:
>
> 1. Pathnames are handled correctly woth '/' and '~' and the like.

They are... '/' is standard windows (only cmd.exe really insists on '\'
so we handle both).

> 2. That file permissions are handled correctly including the execute bit
> and normal user/group/other Unix stuff.

It does this also.  You might need to set the CYGWIN environment
variable as it cygwin has two conflicting ways of doing this and cvsnt
uses the least intrusive (ntea) one by default.

Users/groups are not important to cvs.  Your sandbox is owned by you.

> Will all of that be handled correctly using the native windows
> executable executed from within Cygwin?

Just use the standard download.  No need to create a crippled cygwin
version.. a lot of effort for no gain IMO.