[cvsnt] Eclipse and sspi

Mark Johnson amarkjohnson at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 19:15:54 BST 2006

On 4/10/06, bwhicks at aep.com <bwhicks at aep.com> wrote:

> Has anyone gotten sspi to work with Eclipse? What are the issues? Is there
> an easy alternative?

Yes,  I have it working well.

You must first configure your the ext protocol to use sspi (do this
outside of eclipse, to make sure it's working, then open eclipse).

add entry in "extnt.ini" file in CVSNT install dir (on client), as such:
[slcp3esgcvs01-freya_repo]
protocol=sspi
hostname=slcp3esgcvs01
directory=/freya_repo

The [name] must be unique for server/repository pairs, but can be
anything, does not need to match actual server/repository except for
self-documentation.  protocol, hostname and directory *must* be actual
correct values.

Then (with Tortoise), configure the following on the Tools tab:
SSH application: C:\Program Files\CVSNT\extnt.exe
SSH parameters: "%h" "%u"

You must now either checkout clean, or use WinCVS macro to change your
cvsroot.  New cvs root will look like:
:ext:. at slcp3esgcvs01-freya_repo:/freya_repo

note:
   You are using *ext* not *sspi*, this is converted by CVSNT client
   The user is a "."  CVSNT client converts this to no user
   Server matches [name] in extnt.ini file
   I don't know the significance of the repository in the root, since
it is converted to the one in the extnt.ini file.

Once this is done, and working, go configure your team cvs Ext
Connection Method settings in eclipse to match:
use external program to connect
CVS_RSH: C:\Program Files\CVSNT\extnt.exe
Parameters: {host} {user}
CVS_SERVER:cvsnt   (don't know if this is necessary)

I may have missed a step, but this is what I currently remember.
hope it helps

Mark