[cvsnt] win 2000 and cvs

Dwayne Walker wb5plj at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 15:16:45 BST 2006

Hi
I am trying to call to cvs from an ant script on a Win2000 box where
the server protocol is extssh. On my winXP box I used putty and logged
on to the cvs server and that stored the fingerprint security thing
and ant would work fine after that. Of course I had to install the cvs
client already.

but when I use this same method on the win2000 box putty is somehow
not storing the fingerprint security thing so that when I connect to
cvs via the ant script it gets hung waiting on user response.

This appears to NOT be an ant issue but an issue with getting the
fingerprint thing from the server loaded on the client system. as it
is not there every time I connect to cvs the server is requiring a
yes|no confirmation. this is annoying when working with cvs via the
command line and makes it impossible to use ant or a batch file to
automate the process. on my WinXP box this was not a problem at all.

any ideas?

thanks

Dwayne

--