[cvsnt] Eclipse and sspi

bwhicks at aep.com bwhicks at aep.com
Wed Apr 12 22:24:30 BST 2006

"Arthur Barrett" <arthur.barrett at march-hare.com> wrote on 04/10/2006
05:52:23 PM:

> Brian,
>
> >Has anyone gotten sspi to work with Eclipse? What are the issues?
>
> Yes this is documented in detail in the eBook:
> http://march-hare.com/cvsnt/features/book/

I realize you'll be wanting to sell this ebook (which is quite nice by the
way) so I'll try not to give too much away, but the long and short of it
seems to be to use extnt. I'm having a little trouble getting that to work,
though.

I am trying it without Eclipse to begin with. I have cvsnt on windows as a
client (version 2.5.03.2260) and cvsnt on linux as a server (2.5.02.2099).
SSPI works fine using the root:

:sspi:fred:/usr/local/cvs

so I added this entry to extnt.ini

[fred]
protocol=sspi
hostname=fred
directory=/usr/local/cvs

and on the command line, I do this:

extnt fred ls

expecting to see a listing, but it just hangs forever. Am I doing something
wrong? "co modulename" hangs, too. Help?

Brian