[cvsnt] Re: Lost keyword expansion setting after multiple merges with added files

Oliver Koltermann okoltermann_deletethis_ at gmx.de
Tue Apr 18 10:09:23 BST 2006

Hello list,

I hope you all had a happy easter-weekend!

Glen Starrett <glen.starrett at march-hare.com> writes:

> Well apparently you're good enough because that script worked just
> fine for me once I took care of the branch name issue that Bo brought
> up.  I was able to repro the problem just as you described.  I
> couldn't repro it earlier because I was trying to use the "up -C" you
> had in there (that just causes a conflict).
>
> A quick check shows it happens with -kB as well, and I'd suspect most
> other flags (not knowing the internals).  I also confirmed it against
> both a 2.5.03 build 2660 and 2.5.02 build 2115 server.
>
> I'm surprised no one else has reported it since it's been around for
> awhile and merging is a reasonably common operation.  Thinking back on
> it, it's possible that I saw it before and just thought it was my
> problem and started the operation over again.  Logically it is
> difficult to predict what CVS should do if there is an existing change
> to the file that matches the merge, possibly with other changes or
> not.  I wouldn't think it should lose the keyword flags though.

Again, I am sad to see no further response to this thread. The problem
was confirmed by three independent persons and I guess we all agree
that the behaviour of the software is not correct in this case.

What can I do more? I'm happy to provide more information as needed,
but I have the feeling that the issue is not quite
accepted. Discussion on the list has reached it's end and the
trouble-ticket database has no corresponding entry.

Best regards,
O. Koltermann