[cvsnt] Re: How to get rid of protocols

Gerhard Fiedler lists at connectionbrazil.com
Thu Apr 20 21:33:20 BST 2006

Tony Hoyle wrote:

>> Looks good so far. However, when I look at the list of plugins at the
>> server, I see also the server and ssh protocols. Differently from the other
>> protocols listed there (which are all disabled, except sspi and enum), they
>> don't have a configuration that would allow to en/disable the protocol.
>
> They're client only protocols.  You can't directly disable them on the
> server - to disable them you need to disable ssh and/or rsh access to it.

Ah... :)  That clears this up.

Then there's Glen's comment about a possible difference between the info
output and the actually available protocols (under *ix). I'm running cvsnt
on a Win2k Pro system -- can I assume that the info output shows me what is
actually available? Or is it safer to use the older method of renaming or
deleting the protocol DLLs?

Thanks a lot,
Gerhard