[cvsnt] Re: CVSNT on XP home

Mark lists at mark-arnold.net
Fri Apr 21 16:06:38 BST 2006

   Hi guys,
   I never heard of ":local:". I guess it would be ok, except for that
   Eclipse does not seem to offer this as an option.
   Does anyone know hot to do this with eclipse?
   Thanks,
   MARK
   Gerhard Fiedler wrote:

Mark wrote:

I don't really want to do anything special with it, I just want to use
CVS to manage the sources in my Eclipse workspace running on the same
machine - no remote connects.

Bo Berglund wrote:

the Home edition has crippled networking (by design from Microsoft) and
is unsuitable as a CVSNT server.

If it is a problem with the server operation, can't you use the :local:
protocol? I've never used it and don't know it well, but doesn't that run
without any networking involved?

Gerhard