[cvsnt] Re: CVSNT on XP home

Glen Starrett glen.starrett at march-hare.com
Fri Apr 21 16:36:01 BST 2006

Mark wrote:
> I don't really want to do anything special with it, I just want to use
> CVS to manage the sources in my Eclipse workspace running on the same
> machine - no remote connects.

Using Eclipse with CVSNT is well documented in the eBook "All About
CVS".  That book is included with CVS Suite.

 > The connection gets established, but as soon as I hit a key, it gets
 > disconnected again...

That's normal.  It should respond with something like this before
booting you:

cvs [server aborted]: bad auth protocol start:
error
<<<

That means you are talking to CVSNT server, and it doesn't like what you
had to say.  If you get another message then you should check for AV or
firewall interference.

You can purchase CVS Suite (with the eBook) from the March-Hare website.
http://march-hare.com/cvsnt/

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett