[cvsnt] Trying to build cvsnt 2.5.03, lockservice.vcproj failed to load

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Fri Apr 21 20:10:26 BST 2006

I have just tried to build CVSNT on branch CVSNT_2_0_x like I used to
a few months back (January I believe), but when I open the cvsnt
solution in VS 2003 it loads as far as sspi_protocol and then outputs
an error box with the nonhelpful message:
"Project 'F:\<path to>\cvsnt\lockservice\lockservice.vcproj' failed to
open."
When I click OK the remainong load continues without further messages.

Building CVSNT results in a bunch of warnings and a final error
concerning some strange bat file that did not work. But all binaries
seem to have built *except* cvslock.exe.....

I have repeatedly updated the lockservice folder from CVS but there
are no changes and the load still fails.

What could cause the project not to load and where can I find any
diagnostic info concerning the reason for it?

My own CVS version is build 2.5.03.2260 (used when updating the
sources from CVSNT repository, which is now running 2.6.01.2306).

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)