[cvsnt] Re: CVSNT on XP home

Mark lists at mark-arnold.net
Sat Apr 22 07:36:44 BST 2006

Bo Berglund wrote:

>>> That's normal.  It should respond with something like this before
>>> booting you:
>>>

>>> cvs [server aborted]: bad auth protocol start:
>>> error
>>> <<<
>>>

>> No, I get absolutely nothing back at all, that's my point...
>> And Eclipse is not able to connect no matter what protocol I use. That's
>> why I tried to connect with telnet, because Eclipse did not get any
>> meaningful errors back either...
>>

> Did you run cvsdiag on the CVSNT server?
> If not, go to the CVSNT install dir and do:
> cvsdiag > diagresult.txt
>
> Then examine the resulting data in the diagresult.txt file and
> possibly post it to this forum for comments. It should discover
> problems you may have.

Here you go:

C:\Program Files\CVSNT>cvsdiag.exe
CVSNT Diagnostic output
-----------------------

Server version: 2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build 2260
OS Version: Windows XP 5.1.2600 (Service Pack 2)

CVS Service installed: Yes
LockService installed: Yes

:pserver: installed: Yes
:sserver: installed: Yes
:gserver: installed: Yes
:server: installed: Yes
:ssh: installed: Yes
:sspi: installed: Yes
:ext: installed: Yes

Installation Path: C:\Program Files\CVSNT\
Repository 0 Path: C:/cvsrepo
Repository 0 Name: /cvsrepo
Repository 1 Path: (no value)
Repository 1 Name: (no value)
Repository 2 Path: (no value)
Repository 2 Name: (no value)
Repository 3 Path: (no value)
Repository 3 Name: (no value)
CVS Temp directory: C:\WINDOWS\TEMP
CA Certificate File:
Private Key File:
Local Users Only: No
Default LockServer: localhost:2402
Disable Reverse DNS: Yes
Server Tracing: Yes
Case Sensitive: No
Server listen port: 2401
Compatibility (Non-cvsnt clients):
        Report old CVS version: Yes
        Hide extended status: No
        Emulate co -n bug: Yes
        Ignore client wrappers: No
Compatibility (CVSNT clients):
        Report old CVS version: Yes
        Hide extended status: No
        Emulate co -n bug: Yes
        Ignore client wrappers: No
Default domain: (no value)
Force run as user:

Temp dir readable by current user: Yes
Repository0 readable by current user: Yes
Temp dir writable by current user: Yes

AV files detected:
(none)

Installed Winsock protocols:

1474: NOD32 protected [MSAFD Tcpip [TCP/IP]]
1475: NOD32 protected [MSAFD Tcpip [UDP/IP]]
1477: NOD32 protected [RSVP UDP Service Provider]
1478: NOD32 protected [RSVP TCP Service Provider]
1001: MSAFD Irda [IrDA]
1002: MSAFD Tcpip [TCP/IP]
1003: MSAFD Tcpip [UDP/IP]
1005: RSVP UDP Service Provider