[cvsnt] CVSNT server has suddenly begun to stop halfway through a checkout!

David Somers dsomers at omz13.com
Wed Aug 2 13:18:55 BST 2006

James Neave wrote:
[snip]
> So far I have removed the line I added to the modules file, that didn't
> help.

You might also need to do the following:

If on linux, stop cvslockd, stop xinetd, kill any cvs processes that may be
lingering, restart xinetd, restart cvslockd.

If on Windows: try restarting the cvs and cvs lock services.

> The next thing I was thinking of trying was upgrading the server to the
> latest version (cvsnt-2.5.03.2382)

Probably a good move... IIRC there were some problems with modules in
earlier releases.

David Somers
MISTD MBCS = typographer/programmer/whatever