[cvsnt] cvs [import aborted]

Mike sqxiem at tin.it
Thu Aug 3 18:38:39 BST 2006

> > I have done other tests creating a new repository but the result is the
> > same. CVS directory I found exists only in module, when created, and in
> > CVSROOT not in $CVSROOT. At end I copied $CVSROOT/CVSROOT/CVS directory
> > under $CVSROOT and it seems to work.
> >
> I don't see why you did this - the server is behaving correctly.
>
> You have set ACLMode=normal but not given read access to the module in
> the root, so the user has no access even to read the module let alone
> commit files.
>
> Tony

Sorry if there is a bit of confusion but I am a newbie and it is the first
time I am trying to create a new module. Coming to the point, 'cvs' account
system is owner of whole repository (os); 'cvs' account virtual
(administration account) is owner of whole repository and has (or should
have) full access to repository.
I know that I can set acl for module/direcory to manage partial permission
(I will have to create other virtual account and group) but now I am
simulating the creation of a new module/project using the command 'cvs
import' (I am logged as 'cvs' os account).
Also it is not clear what it does:  it has to read OR write
$CVSROOT/CVS/fileattr.xml?
Does it use $CVSROOT/CVSROOT/CVS/fileattr.xml as acl config file per whole
repository?
The module/project 'test2', in my example, doesn't exist just and I have to
create it so I expect it has to create/write something as too check/read if
you have permission (acl) to make it.
Anyway I shall be much grateful you if you can report the right commands to
create a new module with acl active.

Thanks a lot
Mike