[cvsnt] Retrieve Version Other Than Date And Time Process WhenForgot To Create A Tag

David Somers dsomers at omz13.com
Fri Aug 4 11:51:08 BST 2006

Sabahat Adil wrote:

> Hi All,
> Thanks for help.I am able to retrieve revision but my time and
> cvs time are different so the log time is differ from my commit
> time.how can i set the cvs time according to my server time.

This was discussed on the thread titled "Changing  Time" which happened a
few days ago.

> am able to enabled history logging.For time changing i am using
> the below command:
> cvs history -z -1310

That is a very unusual timezone. Are you really in UTC-1310?

> but server time is not changing.
> How can i change the cvs time according to my server time.

Again, internally CVS works in UTC (aka GMT/Zulu).

To avoid any problems when trying to apply dates to update or checkout
specify the date/time in UTC and use the cvs datetime notation, i.e. -D
yyyy.mm.dd.hh.mm.ss to avoid any internal mangling from local to UTC.

e.g.
cvs co -d zed1 -D 2006.07.30.09.34.40 zed
to checkout based on a datetime of 2006-07-30 09:32:40 UTC

If you want to checkout/update based on date/time, its probably best to
learn to work with UTC and forget about localtime.

David