[cvsnt] CVS using repository prefix

patrick goovaerts patrick at pgoovaerts.be
Sat Aug 5 12:00:40 BST 2006

"Arthur Barrett" <arthur.barrett at march-hare.com> schreef in bericht
news:mailman.71.1154751131.2445.cvsnt at cvsnt.org...
Patrick,

As others have pointed out - you should:
1) enable all "compatibility" options for non-CVSNT clients on the
server
==> 'Hide extended log/status information' and 'ignore client-side force -k
options' too?
==> I didn't select them and all seems to be working ok...

2) if posible upgrade the eclipse client
==> we have to rely on IBM for this one.  Technically it should be possible
to upgrade Eclipse only (I think though), but we have software support for
the IBM product line and I'm afraid that we can't get anymore when upgrading
pieces of there Software Pack (WDSCi) which includes the Eclipse version.
IBM offers fixed and patches for their package through an online update
website.  Usually upgrading a major version (V6 to 7 in this case) will
include a newer version of 3rd party software like Eclipse, Sun Java etc....

3) remove the drive letter from the repository name, ie change it from:
D:/CVS/V6/MyProject
To:
/MyProject
==> already did.

The eBook also has comprehensive instructions for getting Eclipse and
CVSNT to work together (eg: using SSPI):
http://march-hare.com/cvsnt/features/book/en.asp
==> I will download and read this one
Regards,

Arthur Barrett