[cvsnt] Problem checking out a clean tagged revision on a branch

Tim Chippington Derrick tim at chippingtonderrick.co.uk
Mon Aug 7 19:47:20 BST 2006

At 19:17 07/08/2006, tony.hoyle at march-hare.com  wrote:
>Tim Chippington Derrick wrote:
>
> > cvs -d :sspi:server:2401:/main export -r V1_1_2 -- module (in directory
> > C:\users\xxx\yyy\module)
> > cvs [export aborted]: no such tag V1_1_2
> >
> > If I look at any of the files' status information (e.g. cvs status -v --
> > filename.cpp) then I can see the correct tags etc on the file. So what
> > am I doing wrong...
> >
>Hmm.. could be the valtags file again... thought I'd disabled that code
>already.
>
>Have a look at CVSROOT/val-tags on the server and see if your tag is in
>there.  If not add it.  If users don't have write access to that file
>then the tags don't get updated.

CVSROOT/val-tags didn't have the necessary tag in it - I added it in
the same format as the others that were already there:

V1_1_2 y

Now when I try the export, it tries to update all the directories of
the module, but I don't get any files or directories created in my
target directory for the exported code. Should I also check for any
other tags that belong on that branch and add them too? Or what?

Tim