[cvsnt] Securing pserver on CVSNT: tunneling with ssh

David Somers dsomers at omz13.com
Thu Aug 10 14:34:43 BST 2006

Tony Hoyle wrote:
> I actually wonder if a local proxy would be useful - eg. you connect to
> localhost:2401 via pserver and it does the relevant handshake and
> connects in a secure manner.  It's basically what extnt does I guess,
> but people do seem to have problems configuring that.

Out of curiosity I put together a proof-of-concept proxy... and it
works! :-)

Its called cvssproxy, for want of a better name, and it listens on
localhost:2401, accepts a pserver connection, then forwards it using
sserver to the server of your choice.

The net result of using my cvssproxy is that any bog standard cvs client
will be able to talk sserver (without knowing anything about sserver)...
ideal for any clients that just don't do sserver.

If anybody is interested in playing with it, drop me an email.

--
David Somers
typographer/programmer/whatever