[cvsnt] Securing pserver on CVSNT: tunneling with ssh

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Fri Aug 11 01:29:37 BST 2006

David Somers wrote:
> Actually, it doesn't need a GUI since it (ab)uses the root connection string
> to indicate the remote host required... thoughts on that most welcome.

I thought of that, and it works for most applications, but it would also be
nice to support profiles eg. different protocols, ports, etc.

Kinda the way putty does it - if you have a profile by that name it uses that
otherwise it uses the defaults.

> I had a bit of time so I put up some information about it and made it
> available via http://www.omz13.com/cvssproxy.

Hmm.. I see you did it by talking to ssl directly.  If you want to support
different protocols link to cvsapi...  have a look at the extnt source - it's
really simple and could be abused to make a proxy pretty easily (which is what
I was intending to do).

Of course yours has the advantage that it's completely standalone...

> BTW, at the moment its a console app, since its a proof-of-concept (and its
> a lot easier to debug that way too)... but there's  no reason why it can't
> evolve into either a systray app or a full-blown service.

Decisions.. do I put something together or let you do all the work? :)